Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of J C FRY & SONS Pty Ltd (ACN:001 408 831) of 141 Alexander St
Crows Nest NSW 2065 trading as ‘Fry’s Spares’ (“the Supplier”)
These Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”), apply to any supply of Goods by the Supplier to the Customer.
Acceptance of terms and placement of orders
Any Order by the Customer to the Supplier and/or any acceptance of any Goods by the Customer will constitute agreement to these T&Cs by the Customer.
If the Supplier accepts an Order, the parties will have created a binding Contract and the Supplier will supply the Goods to the Customer, and the Customer will pay the Price to the Supplier in accordance with the terms of the Contract (which includes these T&Cs).
The Customer is not entitled to cancel any Contract and must pay to the Supplier any costs associated with the Customer purporting to cancel a Contract.
The Customer must provide the Supplier with written details of any required specifications or properties of Goods at the time the Customer provides an Order to the Supplier.
The Customer must ensure the specifications or properties of Goods and/or Services stated in any Order by the Customer will be fit for the intended purpose of the Goods.
The Supplier will be entitled to rely on the accuracy of any plans, specifications or other information provided by the Customer.
If there are any errors in any plans, specifications or other information provided by the Customer to the Supplier, the Supplier will be entitled to vary the Price.
The Supplier may cancel any Contract at any time prior to Delivery of the Goods with no liability other than to repay any amount of the Price paid in advance of the cancellation.
Delivery of Goods
If the Supplier agrees to deliver Goods to the Customer, the Supplier:
will endeavour to deliver the Goods to the Delivery Address on the Delivery Date;
the Supplier may charge further Delivery charges if the Customer is unable to receive Delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Address or on the Delivery Date or in accordance with any other Delivery arrangements.
The Supplier may add to the Price any further charges incurred by the supplier including but not limited to storage, transport or delivery costs for any delay caused by the Customer.
The Supplier may vary the Price to include further charges if the Customer varies their instructions. Any variation must be agreed to by the Supplier and confirmed in writing by the Supplier.
The Supplier will not be liable for any delay in Delivery of Goods at the Delivery Address.
The Customer will ensure a member of the Customer’s Personnel will be at the Delivery Address on the Delivery Date to accept any Delivery of Goods and sign the Delivery docket on the Customer’s behalf.
The Supplier may deliver any Goods to any person at the Delivery Address who has apparent authority to receive Delivery of the Goods.
The signature of a member of the Customer’s Personnel on the Supplier’s Delivery docket will represent acknowledgement by the Customer that the Goods have been supplied.
The Customer will inspect any Goods immediately on delivery or Installation and will be deemed to have accepted the Goods as is unless the Customer provides immediate written notice to the Supplier that the Customer rejects the Goods.
The Price is exclusive of GST unless otherwise stated by the Supplier in writing.
The Customer must not withhold, make deductions from, or set-off, payment of any money owed to the Supplier for any reason.
The Supplier may charge, in addition to the Price, any other fees and charges that the Supplier notifies to the Customer from time to time.
Deposit and Payment Terms
The Customer must pay for the Goods in full on delivery unless credit terms have been granted to the Customer by the Supplier.
The Customer agrees to grant the Supplier a charge over the whole of the Customer’s present and future property and assets (including, without limitation, all the Customer’s legal and beneficial interests in freehold and leasehold land, and personal property as defined in the Personal Property Securities Act 2009) as security for any amount owed by the Customer to the Supplier. The Customer acknowledges the Supplier may lodge caveats over land or security interests on the Personal Properties Securities Register, and take any action to enforce the Supplier’s security over the charged property.
The Customer must reimburse the Supplier for the full amount of any bank or other fees associated with any dishonoured payments or cheques and any legal, debt recovery or other expenses associated with any action by the Supplier to recover money from the Customer.
The Supplier may charge monthly compound interest on any overdue amounts owed by the Customer at a rate of 10% per annum.
6. Risk and Title
The risk in Goods passes to the Customer, and the Customer must insure the Goods, immediately on the collection of the Goods by the Customer or delivery and or Installation of the Goods by the Supplier.
The Customer will not receive title to Goods until the Customer makes full payment of the Price and any other amounts payable to the Supplier.
Until title in the Goods passes to the Customer in accordance with these T&Cs, the Customer will:
be only a bailee of the Goods;
ensure the Goods are kept separate and identifiable from other goods;
not grant any charge over, or interest in, the Goods to any third party;
return any Goods to the Supplier immediately on request;
authorise the Supplier or any agent of the Supplier to enter any land and premises owned, occupied or controlled by the Customer where the Goods are located and take possession of the Goods; and
hold the proceeds from any sale or disposal of the Goods on trust for the Supplier.
The Supplier will not be liable to the Customer for any failure to perform, or delay in performing, the Supplier’s obligations under these T&Cs if the failure or delay is due to any cause beyond the Supplier’s reasonable control. If any such failure or delay continues for a period of 14 days, the Supplier may terminate any affected Contract.
Confidential Information and Intellectual Property
The Customer will not use, or disclose to any third party, any Confidential Information disclosed to the Customer.
No supply of Goods to the Customer will grant to the Customer any Intellectual Property Rights in respect of the Goods.
The Supplier does not warrant the Goods are fit for any purpose whether or not made known by the Customer or any third party to the Supplier or any member of the Supplier’s Personnel.
The Supplier excludes all express and implied conditions and warranties in relation to the Goods and this Agreement except those conditions or warranties that cannot be excluded by law.
Nothing in these T&Cs are intended to have the effect of contracting out of any applicable provisions of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any equivalent Act of any State or Territory of Australia except to the extent permitted by such Acts.
The Supplier’s liability for any Liability or Claim in relation to these T&Cs, the Contract, and any supply of Goods will be limited to the amount of the Price paid by the Customer to the Supplier.
The Supplier will not be liable to the Customer or any other person for any Liability or Claim of any kind whatsoever arising directly or indirectly (whether under statute, contract, tort, negligence or otherwise) in relation to any indirect or consequential loss (including but not limited to any loss of actual or anticipated profits, revenue, savings, production, business, opportunity, access to markets, goodwill, reputation, publicity, or use) or any other remote, abnormal or unforeseeable loss or any similar loss whether or not in the reasonable contemplation of the parties.
The Customer indemnifies the Supplier and each member of the Supplier’s Personnel on a full and continuing indemnity basis from and against any Liability or Claim arising directly or indirectly in relation to:
the Customer’s breach of these T&Cs or any Contract;
the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Customer or any member of the Customer’s Personnel;
damage to the property of the Customer or any third party during any Installation of Goods;
the Goods not being fit for any purpose;
any tests conducted by a third party in relation to Goods;
the Customer or any member of the Customer’s Personnel directly or indirectly causing any delay in the supply of any Goods;
the Customer or any member of the Customer’s Personnel refusing to accept any Delivery; or
the Customer or any member of the Customer’s Personnel purporting to cancel a Contract.
The Supplier may immediately terminate, or suspend the performance of, any Contract and the Customer must immediately pay any money owed to the Supplier if:
the Customer breaches a term of these T&Cs or any Contract and does not remedy the breach within 7 days;
the Customer breaches a term of these T&Cs or any Contract which is not capable of remedy;
there is any direct or indirect change in the Control of the Customer; or
an Insolvency Event arises in relation to the Customer.
In these T&Cs:
“Claim” means any actual, contingent, present or future claim, demand, action, suit or proceeding for any Liability, restitution, equitable compensation, account, injunctive relief, specific performance or any other remedy of whatever nature and however arising, whether direct or indirect, and whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise;
“Confidential Information” means information, whether in visual, oral, documentary, electronic, machine-readable, tangible, intangible or any other form, relating to the Supplier or any related entity of the Supplier including but not limited to any information relating to any business, products, markets, operations, processes, techniques, technology, forecasts, strategies or any other matter;
“Contract” means the contract formed as a result of an acceptance of an Order by the Supplier. It includes these terms, any covering letter, quotation, estimate and any other document that refers to these terms.;
“Control” has the meaning set out in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
“Goods” includes any services associated with the supply of those goods or any services specifically ordered by the Customer from the Supplier.
“Customer” means the customer set out in any quotation, offer or other document provided by the Supplier (or, in the absence of such information, the customer who placed the Order);
“Delivery Address” means any Delivery address in a Contract;
“Delivery Date” means any Delivery date in a Contract;
“Goods” means the goods in the Contract;
“Insolvency Event” means any of the following, or any analogous, events:
the Customer disposes of the whole or any part of the Customer’s assets, operations or business other than in the ordinary course of business;
the Customer ceases, or threatens to cease, carrying on business;
the Customer is unable to pay the Customer’s debts as the debts fall due;
any step is taken by a mortgagee to take possession or dispose of the whole or any part of the Customer’s assets, operations or business;
any step is taken for the Customer to enter into any arrangement or compromise with, or assignment for the benefit of, the Customer’s creditors or any class of the Customer’s creditors; or
any step is taken to appoint an administrator, receiver, receiver and manager, trustee, provisional liquidator or liquidator of the whole or any part of the Customer’s assets, operations or business;
“Intellectual Property Rights” means any present or future rights conferred by statute, common law or equity in any part of the world in relation to any confidential information, copyright, trademarks, service marks, designs, patents, circuit layouts, plant varieties, business names, domain names, inventions, trade secrets or other results of intellectual activity in any industrial, commercial, scientific, literary or artistic fields;
“Liability” means any loss, liability, cost, payment, damages, debt or expense (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees);
“Order” means any written or verbal order by the Customer to the Supplier for Goods;
“Personnel” means any employee, servant, contractor, subcontractor, agent, partner, director or officer of a party;
“Price” means the price of the Goods (including but not limited to any Delivery or other charges);
“Security interest” means a security interest within the meaning of the Personal Property Securities Act 2009, and
“Services” means the services in a Contract and any services associated with the Goods.
These T&Cs or any Contract may only be amended with the Supplier’s express written agreement. Any waiver by the Supplier must be express and in writing.
The Supplier’s rights under these T&Cs or any Contract do not exclude any other rights the Supplier may have at law.
If any provision of these T&Cs or any Contract is unenforceable, the provision will be severed and the remaining provisions will continue to apply.
The Customer must immediately provide written notice to the Supplier if there is any direct or indirect change in the Control of the Customer.
The Supplier may assign any rights or benefits under any Contract or these T&Cs or any Contract to any third party.
The Customer may only assign any rights or benefits under any Contract or these T&Cs or any Contract with the Supplier’s prior written consent.
These T&Cs and any Contract will be governed by the law of the state of New South Wales.
In these T&Cs:
the headings do not affect interpretation;
the singular includes the plural and vice versa, and a gender includes other genders;
a reference to a document or instrument includes the document or instrument as novated, altered, supplemented or replaced from time to time;
a reference to a party to a document includes the party’s executors, administrators, heirs, successors in title, permitted assigns and substitutes;
a reference to a person includes a natural person, body corporate, partnership, trust, association or any governmental, administrative or judicial body, tribunal, department, commission, authority, agency, minister, corporation or instrumentality or any other entity;
a reference to a statute, ordinance, code or other law includes regulations, rules and other instruments under the statute, ordinance, code or other law and any consolidations, amendments, re-enactments or replacements;
a word or expression defined in the Corporations Act has the meaning given to the word or expression in the Corporations Act;
the meaning of general words is not limited by specific examples introduced by “including”, “for example” or similar expressions;
any agreement, representation, warranty or indemnity by two or more parties binds those parties jointly and severally;
if a day on or by which an obligation must be performed or an event must occur is not a business day, the obligation must be performed or the event must occur on the next business day.
CONDITIONS OF FORMULA 1 MAJOR PRIZE DRAW
- Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant. Entry is permitted with a valid sale and a valid email address only.
- The promoter is J C FRY & SONS PTY LTD ABN 29 001 408 831 of 141 Alexander Street, Crows Nest, New South Wales 2065 (“Promoter”).
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older only, who enter the promotion in the required manner as stated in these terms and conditions (“Eligible Entrants”).
- Employees of J C Fry & Sons Pty Ltd, its related bodies corporate, suppliers, agencies, licensees and their immediate families are permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotion Period
- The promotion will commence at 1700 AEST on Wednesday 16 January 2019 and will continue until 1700 AEST on Thursday 28 February 2019 (“Promotion Period”).
How to Enter
- To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must have purchased Automotive products and have a valid invoice. Entrants must provide a valid email to be included in the draw.
- Subsequently additional entries can be given on additional sales. This is limited to 1 only on sales prior to 1200 AEST. 1 further entry is available on entrys after 1200 AEST. Maximum entries are limited to 2 per day. Additional invoices on the same day will not qualify for an additional entry.
- Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of the Prize Winners’ selection on Friday 1st March 2019.
- Entries received will be considered final by the Promoters. Entries which are incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible, inappropriate, offensive or incomprehensible or which infringe intellectual property rights will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotion Period. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Any costs associated with accessing the promotion are the responsibility of each entrant.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
- If the Promoter is unable to provide the Prize Winners with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value, subject to any direction of a lottery authority.
- If the Prize Winners do not accept any element of the Prize, the Promoter is not obliged to provide the Prize Winners with a substitute prize.
Selection of Prize Winners
- The competition is a draw whereby entrants will gain 1 ticket per morning sale (prior to 1200 AEST) and 1 for sales after 1200 AEST. All tickets will be placed in a draw. One entrant will be drawn and win the major prize.
- The Promoter will select one Prize Winners in accordance with these terms and conditions. The final Prize Draw will take place at 1200 AEST 1st March 2019 at the Promoter’s Head Office, 141 Alexander Street, Crows Nest NSW 2065.
- The Prize Winners will be announced on Fry’s Spares Facebook page by 1300 AEST 1st March 2019. The Prize Winners will be notified via Email.
- The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the Prize Draw.
- The final Prize Winners will have until 2400 AEST on Tuesday 5th March 2019 to claim the Prize.
- If the Prize has not been claimed by any Prize Winner by 2400 AEST on Tuesday 5th March 2019 (“the Unclaimed Prize”), an Unclaimed Prize Draw for the Unclaimed Prize will occur at 2400 AEST on Wednesday 6th March 2019 (“Unclaimed Prize Draw”).
- The Prize is two (2) return flights to Melbourne valued at $579. Two Tickets to the Ricciardo Stand valued at $1179. Accommodation at Seasons Botanic Gardens Melbourne Valued at $372.
- The total maximum prize pool for this promotion is $2,130 AUD.
- The Prize Winners must take the Prize as offered. The Prize is not transferable, redeemable, refundable, and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Entrants agree that the Promoter may use their personal information and entries for marketing purposes. If an entrant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the Prize.
- The personal information of the Prize Winners and their travel companion(s) (if applicable) may be provided to others assisting, including prize suppliers and deliverers, and to authorities that regulate this promotion.
- All entrants who submit any entry to the Promoter: (a) grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in the entry material and all other material provided by the entrant to the Promoter pursuant to this promotion at any time; and (b) represent and warrant that the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these terms and conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties, including any intellectual property rights; and (c) indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the foregoing representation and warranty.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
- inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
- purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
- any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
- the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
- unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
- electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
- any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winners and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winners; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
- The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during participation in the promotion or use of the Prize, except to the extent directly caused by the Promoter’s negligence. If requested by The Promoter, the Prize Winners, and his or her guests, must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a Prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities may result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited and the selection of another Prize Winners.
- The above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.